30 Reasons I Won’t Follow You on Twitter
Lately, I have been getting at least 50 new followers every day on Twitter. Most of them unfollow if I don’t follow them back.
Sometimes it will take me a second to see that I would not follow back that person in a million years.
I don’t like bots and spammers but there are more reasons why I don’t follow back some of the people on Twitter.
- You are an egg.
- You are a hot chick in a bikini.
- You are a tattooed body builder in swimming shorts.
- You are a company.
- You are a link building or a SEO service.
- You are in a niche I have no interest in (hair extensions, exterminator, etc).
- You have no bio.
- You have a bio but it sucks.
- Your bio is illiterate.
- Your bio only says you are a mom/wife/husband.
- Your bio has a link to your husband/wife/best friend on Twitter.
- Your bio says you follow back.
- You started following me cause I used your keyword in a tweet (blog post, e-book, etc).
- You tweet in a language I don’t know.
- You have no @ mentions in your stream.
- You never RT other people’s tweets.
- You never thank people for RTing your tweets.
- You tweet only links.
- You are rude to others on Twitter.
- You spam me / send me links in a tweet where you @ mention me.
- You @mention too many people in a spammy tweet.
- You tweet the same link to 50 people in 5 minutes.
- You are a brand new user (less than 5 tweets).
- You have less than 10 tweets but all selling and recommending stuff.
- You tweet about yourself too much.
- You are an expert or a guru.
- You are a CEO of something.
- You follow 10 people and have 20.000 followers.
- You are following and unfollowing me 3rd time in the last 10 days.
- You didn’t say Hi to me or introduce yourself.
When it comes to number 29, this is a point I would like to explain. In the noise of Twitter, I can not always catch up with the follows and unfollows so I miss genuine people. How about saying simply Hi when you follow me, so I know there is a real person behind that photo and bio. A person I might want to connect with and learn from.