Email newsletters are touted by many as one of the most profitable ventures online. Internet marketers are constantly bragging about how easy it is to make affiliate sales, to promote products and to drive traffic to websites. Email newsletters can accomplish all those tasks and more but there are a few things you might want to keep in mind as you work to maximize the effectiveness of yours.
I use and recommend Aweber. It provides an incredibly easy-to-use interface with plenty of stats that allow you to easily see how many people are opening your emails and what’s getting clicked on inside each email. And if you’re still on the edge of making your decision then you can take Aweber for a free test drive to see how you like it.
5 Keys to a More Successful Email Newsletter
As you work to grow and develop your email newsletter, here are a few sure-fire keys to help you get the most out of it.
- Simplify the Sign Up Process: If you want people to sign up for your email newsletter then you have to display a sign up form in a very prominent place and you have to make it as easy as possible to get in on the action. Display your sign up near the top of the page to get the most sign ups.
- Deliver what You Promise: If you promote your list as a great resource in your niche then be sure to provide the information in your newsletter to support that claim. If you promote that you’ll only send a certain number of emails each week then be sure to only send that number. The bottom line: deliver what you promise.
- Promote What You Believe: As you promote products and ideas to your subscribers, don’t send an email at every opportunity you see to make some more cash. Use your list only to promote what you truly believe in. This way, regardless of the results, you can enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that you’re doing your best to help people and in the end your readers will pick up on that also.
- Don’t Abuse Your Subscribers: If you’re constantly bombarding your newsletter subscribers with affiliate offers and nonsense then they’re going to add you to their spam filter or they’re going to unsubscribe from your list. Don’t send more emails than you would like to recieve yourself.
- Use Your List to Connect…Not Just to Cash In: It’s important that you’re using your list to reach out to your audience and to provide real value to them. If you’re only ever promoting a product to them then they are eventually going to feel like you’re simply trying to take advantage of them.
Email newsletters are powerful tools in the arsenal of a wise blogger. They can provide you with profits, connections and much more. I have to caution you, however, not to get caught up in the rage to monetize your list to its death. Follow these 5 keys to more successful email newsletter and you’ll be sure to see results.