Are you looking for a drop-dead gorgeous and easy-to-use theme for your WordPress website? Check out Elegant Themes. You'll be glad you did.
Comments are the life-blood of a successful blog. The comment section of a blog reveals the level of communication between an author and his readers. It’s also one of the fundamental features that seems to make a blog stand out from regular websites.
As much as I love receiving comments at Site Sketch 101, I also find great joy from leaving comments at other blogs. I find that not only am I able to connect with other bloggers about our common interests, but I’m also able to use comments on other blogs to benefit my own blog.
6 Vital Reasons to Comment on Other Blogs
Here’s a list of ways that commenting on other blogs can be a great benefit to your own blog:
- Comments help build your online presence. As you increase the number of places that you leave your mark on the internet, you will also increase the number of people that will be exposed to who you are.
- Develop professional relationships. If you are a really good blogger then you can accomplish a lot of great things on your own. But if you want to be a great blogger then you will need to learn that working together with others will multiply your chances at being truly successful. Engaging comments are a great way to begin connecting with other bloggers.
- Enhance your site’s brand. When you leave well-written comments that grab the attention of the other readers then it’s as if you are getting to advertise for free in the feedback section of other blogs.
- Grow your credibility. When people see you out and about in the community and your actually contributing meaningful content to the conversations then they usually take note of you. Especially if they start to see your name around a lot.
- Create links to your site. Most blogs give you a field to put in your website address which creates a link back to your website along with your comment. I have many people tell me that they found Site Sketch 101 by clicking through on one of my comments at another blog.
- Build your page rank. This benefit, of course, only applies to blogs who do not use the nofollow tag on their outbound links. Google will use these links to add more weight to your website which will in turn increase your chances of being found in their search engine.
After perusing that list of benefits, you’re probably ready to get out there in the blogosphere and start leaving your mark. That’s great. But make sure that you take the time to make each comment genuine and credible. Don’t start spamming other bloggers with junk.
Make your comments really worthwhile and you will build your name into a recognizable online authority.
Can you think of other benefits to leaving comments on blogs? Have you ever received any visitors to your site as a result of commenting? What’s your favorite blog (other than your own) to comment on and why?