I’m sure that many of you have probably noticed that I’ve been struggling with my server today. The site has been on the fritz, but I’m pleased to say that everything should be fine now.
When I woke up this morning at 5:10, I checked the site and read the recent comments. Then I headed out the door for work. Some time after 7:00, my server account was suspended. The message being flashed to the world simply told me to contact the billing department of my hosting company. In the world’s eyes, I was too lazy to pay my bill.
This, however, was not the case. All of my bills are current.
When I finally got a hold of support, they informed me that my server had been exceeding the CPU usage that it’s allowed for the shared hosting plan that I’m on. I finally convinced them to un-suspend my account so that I could make some changes.
I set out to create a solution but…
I ordered another server and immediately began working to transfer this website onto that server so that it would not be on the same server as my other sites.
Instead of transferring onto the new server, however, I was unable to login to that server. In fact, the site began displaying as if it were the domain of giftrabbit.com. I have no idea how that happened.
Finally tech support got my domain to point to the right server and I was able to transfer this installation of WordPress onto the new server. It’s up and running and since it’s the only one on this account, we shouldn’t encounter any more problems.
Thank you all for your patience. I know what a hassle it can be to not find the site up when you visit. I know that I was pulling my hair out. Thanks for staying with me.